The parental info on tv shows is the best. My brother and I stayed up late to be educated. Apparently Dora the Explorer is virtual brainwashing and Aqua Teen Hunger Force doesn’t actually portray water all too much, aren’t teens, and though occasionally have hunger, rarely show force. I love it. Seriously who writes this stuff? The details are incredibly informative, every last piece of evidence has been extrapolated to prove the point, and the writing style? Good greatness they wrote “and one character declares he’d rather cut off his ding-dong than give up drinking. Indeed.” I dunno I guess I expected the writing to be a bit more formal. Still. I can’t ignore it’s amazingness.
When the Avatar: The Last Airbender show first aired on Nickelodeon like a bajillion years ago I was in love. Even now, I look back on the cartoon and goshdarnit all but that’s the deepest, funniest —without being stupid — animated television show that I have ever seen, even still. It was executed beautifully. So, consider me flattened, overjoyed, completely incapacitated when I first heard the amazing news they were creating a spinoff of the series based on the next incarnation of the avatar. MIND ESPLODED. YES. I JUST SAID ESPLODED. SO. I have never been happier to see a spinoff in my entire walnut-eating life. Anyway I haven’t heard much but basically the new series has a girl featured as the avatar who hails from the southern waterbending tribe. She is being taught airbending from Aang’s son (insert fangirl squeal here) and apparently the main conflict is an anti-bender uprising. Hm. Not so sure yet. But who cares. Super excited right here. Super.
- Dude...I definitely need to make another video.
- Okay, right, I hear you, but what the heck are you going to do?
- I have no idea. Let's go onto Playlist.com and listen to some songs. Listen to some songs? Say aye for listening to songs. Aye. So then we're settled. Click. Click. Click. OH I LOVE THIS SONG. It's so sweet and reminiscent...like a girl saying goodbye to her boyfriend. Okay, okay, I'll do a video on that. Yeah, sounds like a great plan. I think I know some people who owe me money to act so I'll just blackmail them and then it'll be so awesomely fantastically brilliantly PERFECT.
- Right, definitely, a video -- where we play that song to a girl saying goodbye to her boyfriend. OH I can see it. So sad, they're hugging, they're saying goodbye, the song's climaxing, it's just the girl now, all alone...
- AND THEN A WEREWOLF EATS HER.
Why hello. I have exciting news. Very exciting. I got a new camera. Yes, the film freak with the fettish for all things cinematic is geeking out big time on what I believe is a revolutionary bit of equipment for this here amateur. Its a Canon Rebel T2i accompanied by HD video which I purchased with a telescoping lens, a camera bag, a clear filter, and (currently in the process of being ordered) an Azden ECZ-990 Supercardiod Shotgun Mic. And of course there was the obligatory extra battery and memory card. Things are moving on up that there totem pole. Them spec-tatoes are gonna be blown out of their boots. This is groundbreaking. Astounding. Wondrous. Its certainly non-stop fun and amusement. Shallow depth of field, external microphone, better control of f-stop and aperture, and of course, breath-taking clearness is going to make video on this thing an absolute BEAUTY. So I am quite joyous presently. Quite. Joyous.